How can we help?
BACT supports homeowners interested in being more eco-friendly by offering a visit to your yard for site-specific advice. The home visit is free to BACT members, $50 for non-members. During a home visit, a BACT naturalist will walk through your yard with you and give helpful advice on:
- ways to attract more birds and butterflies
- ways to manage your stormwater (reduce flooding, run off, pooling)
- tree and shrub recommendations to help add beauty and function
- flower and grass recommendations for different areas in your yard
- installation of a rain garden
- shoreline stabilization
- eco-friendly lawn care including referrals to professional lawn care companies if desired
- any specific issue you would like help with!
Conservation @Home certification checklist
It is not necessary to meet all items in all categories. A continued goal is to recognize areas that efforts can be directed to achieve.